Grilled Chicken Breasts with
Tex Mex Cranberry Glaze
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat grill.
- Combine cranberry sauce, cumin, lime peel, lime juice and jalapeno pepper in
a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking often, just until glaze is smooth.
- Set aside 1 cup glaze to serve with chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken breast halves with salt and pepper; place skin side down on
grill. Cover grill. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest
part of chicken is pierced or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F on
a meat thermometer, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining glaze during
last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Heat reserved glaze until hot; serve over chicken.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: Cal. 452 (23%DV), Fat Cal. 126, Pro. 34g (67%DV), Carb. 42g
(14%DV), Fat 14g (21%DV), Chol. 101mg (34%DV), Sod. 390mg (16%DV), Vit. A 31RE (3%DV),
Vit. C 4mg (7%DV), Vit. E <1mg (3%DV), Calcium 29mg (3%DV), Iron 1mg (6%DV),
Folate 6Ug (2%DV), Zinc 1mg (9%DV), Pot. 343mg (10%DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 3, Meat 4, Fat 1
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.