Holiday Beef Roast
Enjoy this once-a-year holiday roast with your family and friends. Serve with
smart side dishes, such as steamed vegetables and whole grain bread.
- 1 (5 pound) beef prime rib roast, 2 to 3 ribs
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Prepared Horseradish
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Honey-Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Place meat in large glass dish; sprinkle with pepper. Pour Italian dressing over
meat to marinate; cover. Refrigerate 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Place
meat, fat-side up, in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until 150 degrees
F, basting occasionally with the pan juices.
- Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until 160 degrees
F for medium doneness before slicing the meat.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 cup of the mayo and the horseradish in serving bowl.
- Mix remaining
1/2 cup mayo, the honey-mustard dressing and thyme in separate serving bowl.
- Serve both sauces with the meat.
Yield: 15 servings, 4 ounces meat and 2 tablespoons sauce each
Not a fan of horseradish? Prepare sauce as directed, substituting 2 minced cloves
garlic and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for the horseradish.
Nutritional Information: Calories 390 Total fat 34 g Saturated fat 9 g Cholesterol
60 mg Sodium 380 mg Carbohydrate 2 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 1 g Protein 18 g Vitamin
A 0 %DV Vitamin C 2 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 10 %DV
Reprinted with permission from