Holiday Brisket in Barbecue Sauce
- 1 beef brisket (5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 bottle
(10 ounces) A.1. Original Steak Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed
- 2 large onions, sliced, separated into rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place meat in roasting pan.
- Mix preserves, steak sauce, ketchup and sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Add onions; toss to coat. Pour evenly over meat. Cover with foil; pierce foil
in several places with sharp knife or fork to vent.
- Bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes
- Serve with the meat drippings.
Yield: 20 servings
Make-Ahead: Brisket can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Bake and slice meat
as directed. Return meat to roasting pan; cover with meat drippings. Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, reheat, covered, in 350 degree F oven for 1 hour or until heated
Nutritional Information: Calories 230 Total fat 8 g Saturated fat 2.5 g Cholesterol
55 mg Sodium 420 mg Carbohydrate 23 g Dietary fiber 1 gSugars 17 g Protein 18 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV Vitamin C 8 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 10 %DV
Reprinted with permission from