Creamy Chocolate Honey Decadence
- 2 (4 ounces) bars German sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Melt all ingredients together in the top of a double boiler over medium-high
heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer to decorative bowls and cover with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 1 month.
Makes 3 cups.
Variation: After removing from heat, stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons of your favorite
liqueur. Try Grand Marnier, Amaretto or Chambord.
Serving Suggestions: Spread onto shortbread or biscuits, heat and drizzle over
ice cream or serve with fresh fruit.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board