Fruit-Infused Honey Vinegars
Whether served with French bread for dipping or drizzled over mixed greens, these sweet vinegars are sure to be a hit, especially as gifts during the holiday season.
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey
- Apricot: 2/3 cup apricot jam (makes 2 1/2 cups)
- Pear: 2 (15 ounce) cans pears, drained and diced (makes 2 cups)
- Raspberry: 1 (6 ounce) basket fresh raspberries, mashed (makes 1 3/4 cups)
- Fig: 2 cups quartered, dried Mission figs (makes 1 cup)
- Combine vinegar and honey in medium saucepan, then stir in one of the flavor additions.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove any solids.
- Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.