Holiday Oatmeal Cookie Brittle
- 2 cups Quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white chocolate pieces
- Edible gold dust (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour and baking powder.
- Add butter. Beat on low to medium speed of electric mixer until crumbly.
- Add powdered sugar, brown sugar, water and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed
until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Place one-half on one cookie sheet; flatten with lightly
floured hands into 13 x 9-inch rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Repeat using remaining dough and second cookie sheet.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, rotating cookie sheets after 12
- Remove cookie sheets to wire racks.
- Sprinkle 1 cup dark chocolate pieces evenly over each large, warm cookie. Let
stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- With spatula or knife, spread softened chocolate evenly over cookies. Sprinkle
white chocolate pieces evenly over smooth chocolate on both cookies; let stand 2
to 3 minutes.
- With the tip of a knife, run through the white chocolate pieces, dragging them
into the dark chocolate, making marble-like streaks.
- Sprinkle with gold dust, if desired.
- Cool completely. (Refrigerate 15 minutes to set chocolate, if necessary.)
- Remove large cookies from cookie sheet and peel off foil. Break each into 24
- Store tightly covered in a cool place.
Yield: 4 dozen
Edible gold dust can be found at specialty baking stores.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Christmas Gift Recipes
>> Christmas Recipes Index