Honey Strawberry Preserves
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 boxes (1 3/4 ounces each) powdered pectin
- 1 3/4 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine strawberries and pectin in large saucepan; crush berries to blend completely.
Bring mixture to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat. Boil hard 1 minute,
stirring constantly. Stir in honey and lemon juice; return to a full rolling boil.
Boil hard 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off foam.
- Ladle into clean, hot canning jars to within 1/4 inch of tops. Seal according
to manufacturer's directions.
- Place jars on rack in canner. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath with boiling
water 2 inches above jar tops.
- Remove jars from canner. Place on thick cloth or wire rack; cool away from drafts.
- After 12 hours test lids for proper seal; remove rings from sealed jars.
Makes 3 pints.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (about 2 tablespoons): Calories: 47 Calories
from Fat: 1% Carbohydrates: 13 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Dietary Fiber: 2 g Fat Total: <1
g Protein: <1 g Sodium: 11 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board