Nutty Bonbon Pops
Yield: about 50 (1-inch) pops
- Pretzel, wooden popsicle or lollypop sticks (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups smooth cashew butter*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 pound (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate,** chopped or chips
- Chopped nuts, cocoa nibs or sprinkles for garnish
- In large bowl, combine butters, vanilla and salt using electric mixer. Add sifted confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time, whipping to fully incorporate. Dough will be fluffy but firm; chill briefly if sticky.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Insert pretzel or stick three-fourths of the way into each ball; place on parchment-lined baking sheets; refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on HIGH, stir and continue to microwave in 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip pops in melted chocolate up to the stick, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; sprinkle or dip bottom of pop in garnishes and return to parchment-lined baking sheet to allow chocolate to set or refrigerate pops briefly.
- Store pops in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
* Any nut butter may be substituted; try almond, hazelnut or peanut butter.
** Bittersweet, milk or white chocolate may be substituted.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin