Nutty Bonbon Pops
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups smooth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 pound (16 ounces) semisweet
chocolate,** chopped or chips
- Chopped nuts, cocoa nibs or sprinkles for garnish
- Pretzel, wooden popsicle or lollypop sticks (optional)
* Any nut butter may be substituted; try almond, hazelnut or peanut butter.
** Bittersweet, milk or white chocolate may be substituted.
- In large bowl, combine butters, vanilla and salt using electric mixer. Add sifted
confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time, whipping to fully incorporate. Dough will
be fluffy but firm; chill briefly if sticky.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Insert pretzel or stick three-fourths of the way
into each ball; place on parchment-lined baking sheets; refrigerate at least one
hour or overnight.
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds on high, stir
and continue to microwave in 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring after each until
chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip pops in melted chocolate up to the stick, allowing
excess chocolate to drip off; sprinkle or dip bottom of pop in garnishes and return
to parchment-lined baking sheet to allow chocolate to set or refrigerate pops briefly.
- Store pops in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Makes about 50 1-inch pops.
Reprinted with permission from
the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.