Use this for making English Mincemeat Pies.
Yield: 2 pounds
- 3 large red dessert apples, cored and chopped
- 8 ounces raisins
- 8 ounces currants
- 8 ounces sultanas
- 4 ounces fresh dates, stoned and chopped
- 2 ounces blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/4 pint brandy or sherry
- Mix apples, raisins, sultanas, currants and chop finely in a food processor. Pour into a large bowl.
- Liquidize dates, nuts and brandy or sherry. Mix into apple mixture.
- Pour into clean glass jars, cover, and leave for 3 weeks before using.
- To make mince pies, use your favorite pastry recipe.
Photo credit: kyz on Visualhunt