Rich Pecan Pie
Substitute 1 refrigerated pie crust for the pastry shell. Prepare pie crust as directed on package for unfilled 1-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Fill with pecans and prepared filling and bake as directed.
Great Substitute: Prepare as directed, substituting 3/4 cup dark corn syrup for the 1 cup maple-flavored syrup.
- 1 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups PLANTERS Pecan Halves
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Place syrup, sugar and butter in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pecans in pastry shell.
- Beat eggs with vanilla and salt in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add cooled syrup mixture, beating until well blended. Pour over pecans in pastry shell.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Information: Calories 480 Total fat 30 g Saturated fat 10 g Cholesterol 95 mg Sodium 210 mg Carbohydrate 51 g Dietary fiber 2 g Sugars 38 g Protein 6 g Vitamin A
6 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 2 %DV Iron 6 %DV
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Kraft Heinz Company
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.