Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
With its marshmallow and pecan topping, it will surely become a
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, orange
juice, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Transfer to 13 x 9-inch baking
dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl.
- Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter with fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and marshmallows.
- Remove casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes
in syrup; top with marshmallow-crumb topping.
- Bake, uncovered, additional 7 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and
topping is golden brown.
Makes 10 (3/4-cup) servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 55 min
Variation: For an added treat, stir 1/2 cup raisins into topping.
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 325 Sodium:
84 mg Fat: 9 g Carbohydrates: 58 g Cholesterol: 13 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick