Homemade Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, rinsed and drained
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; add cranberries,
return to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place a wire mesh strainer over a medium mixing bowl. Pour contents of saucepan
- Mash cranberries with the back of a spoon, frequently scraping the outside of
the strainer, until no pulp is left.
- Stir contents of bowl. Pour into serving container.
- Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 1 cup.
Per Serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 115(6%DV), Fat 0grams, Sodium 1mg(<1%DV),
Pot. 32mg(1%DV), Total Carb. 29grams(10%DV), Dietary Fiber 1gram(6%DV), Sugars 24grams,
Calcium 1mg(<1%DV), Vitamin C 5mg(7%DV), Iron <1mg(<1%DV)
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 2
Recipe and photo credit: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.