Stained Glass Cranberries
These are very pretty. The berries have the appearance of stained glass beads.
- 4 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained, but not dried
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- Spread berries in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking
dish. Sprinkle evenly with sugar. Cover with heavy foil and
crimp the edges to seal the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Very carefully move the casserole back and forth to coat the berries.
- Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes. Again
gently move the casserole back and forth.
- Place on cooling rack and COOL COMPLETELY before uncovering.
- Stir in brandy then spoon into hot sterilized quart jars. Seal and refrigerate.
- Store for up to one month.
- Serve in a cut glass bowl.