Swedish Hasselback Potatoes
Take a break from baked potatoes! Serve these scrumptious potato "fans" topped
with buttery bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 24 small white potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Progresso dry bread crumbs (any flavor)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, cutting only three-fourths of the
way through to bottom. Place cut sides up in dish.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour, brushing with butter once or twice.
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until tender.
Makes 12 servings
Seasoned bread crumbs instead of the plain adds extra flavor to this ethnic potato
Using spread instead of butter? Be sure to use a stick variety containing more
than 65% vegetable oil.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 125 (Calories from Fat 65 ); Total
Fat 7 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 125 mg; Total Carbohydrate
13 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 3 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 4 %; Calcium 6 %; Iron 4 %
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills