Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Creme Sauce
These heavenly, creamy sweet potatoes are topped with an incredible
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes or 3 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1/3 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons light margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring
to boil. Reduce heat and cook until tender.
- Peel potatoes and place in mixing bowl.
- Add margarine, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat
until smooth. Spoon into 2-quart casserole dish.
- Make Marshmallow Sauce: In small saucepan, melt margarine. Stir
in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add brown sugar and water, mixing well. Add marshmallows and continue
cooking over medium heat until marshmallows melt and sauce thickens.
- Pour Marshmallow Sauce over sweet potato mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Canned sweet potatoes are already cooked.
Recipe credit: Louisiana Sweet Potato Advertising
and Marketing Commission - Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato
Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.