Start off dinner with a seafood sensation or make a bowl of Shrimp Bisque a satisfying meal with bread and salad greens.
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cocktail sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice (1 cup)
- 1 pound uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 3 cups Half-and-Half
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, mix all ingredients except shrimp and Half-and-Half. Heat to boiling.
- Stir in shrimp; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly, until half-and-half is just heated through.
- Garnish with snipped fresh Italian parsley, chopped fresh chives or sliced green onions.
- Turn up the heat in this creamy soup by adding 4 dashes of red pepper sauce.
- Serve with salad greens and warm breadsticks.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 355 (Calories from Fat 205); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 230mg; Sodium 1230mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars ncg); Protein 24g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 24%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 24%; Iron 18%
Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 4 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: nc
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.