- 1 (15 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 ounces dried apricots
- 6 ounces or more sliced almonds
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Reconstitute the apricots by soaking in a small bowl of hot water for 10 minutes; drain, blot and snip into slivers with kitchen scissors.
- Toast the almonds in a small dry skillet, stirring constantly so they don't burn.
- Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat the juice.
- Add the celery and onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a large mixing bowl, toss the stuffing mix with the almonds and apricots, then add the celery-onion-juice mix.
- Stir in the egg and egg white, then add the vegetable broth slowly, stopping when the mixture is holding together, but not soggy wet.
- Coat a 2-quart oblong baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mound mixture into dish, then dot with pea-size pieces of butter or margarine.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.