Bowl O'Cherries Stuffing
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (6 ounce) bags Mrs. Cubbison's seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (approximate)
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries, thawed and drained*
* or 2 cups canned pitted cherries, drained (sweet or sour)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease 2-quart casserole
dish and set aside.
- Place butter or margarine in medium-size saucepan, and melt
over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion and sauté 5 minutes,
or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in thyme and poultry seasoning.
- In large bowl, toss together stuffing mix, sautéed vegetables
- Gently stir in cherries.
- Transfer mixture to prepared
dish, cover and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- If crisp top is desired, uncover dish and bake 10 minutes more.
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Source: Mrs. Cubbison's Best Stuffing Cookbook
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.