This is easy to make and is very good!
- 1 chicken
- 1 package Aunt Jemima Yellow Cornmeal cornbread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery and leaves, chopped
- 4 boiled eggs, grated
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- About 4 to 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices white bread soaked in small amount broth
- Chicken (from making broth), deboned
- Boil a chicken in enough water to make a rich broth.
- Make Aunt Jemima Yellow Cornmeal cornbread according to package
- Sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Mix cornbread while warm with sautéed onions and celery.
- Add eggs, soup, butter and bread.
- Mix well with broth, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken. Mix well, having it sort of soupy.
- Put into 9 x 13-inch baking dish
that has been sprayed with Pam. Dot with small amount of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until there is a light crust around edge -
about 55 to 60 minutes.
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Peggy Mc. - Calhoun, Louisiana.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.