Yield: Enough to stuff a 16 pound turkey!
- 4 tablespoons butter or chicken fat
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or chicken fat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery; sauté until golden and soft. Cool.
- Stir in crumbs.
- Mix the eggs with the water and pour over the mixture, stirring to combine.
- When ready to stuff the bird, add the cornflakes and mix lightly.
- Pack very loosely into the turkey cavity because the dressing swells.