Country Sausage Pecan Dressing
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 ounces country pork sausage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain.
- Add celery and onions; cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pecans, mushrooms and sage; mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients (may add water if more liquid is needed). Place in baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.