Country Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 medium-size celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage meat
and cook until browned, stirring frequently to break up sausage.
- With slotted spoon, remove sausage from skillet to large bowl.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons sausage drippings from skillet.
- Add margarine or butter, celery, onion, and red pepper; cook,
stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned.
- Stir in broth, black pepper, and 3/4 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring
to loosen any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add vegetable
mixture, cornbread stuffing mix, pecans, and parsley to sausage; mix well.
- Use to stuff a 12- to 16-pound turkey. Or spoon stuffing into
a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at
325 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the stuffing is heated through.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.