Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 cups coarsely-crushed saltines (about 27 crackers)
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté celery and onion in butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the crackers and celery mixture; toss lightly.
- Place in a greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned.