Success: To bake stuffing separately, place in greased 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13 x 9 x 2 inches. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Vary the flavor of this stuffing by using dried cherries or dried blueberries for the cranberries.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 medium celery stalks (with leaves), chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 9 cups soft bread cubes (15 slices)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook celery and onion in butter, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in about one-third of the bread cubes.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining bread cubes and ingredients; toss.
- Stuff turkey just before roasting.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars ncg); Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: nc
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.