Green Chile Stuffing
This recipe will stuff a large turkey, with leftovers for pan stuffing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 large green chile pepper, chopped (mild to medium hot)
- 2 cups colorful bell peppers (red and yellow preferred, green okay)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 medium to large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen green chili (thawed of course)
- 8 ounces frozen red chili (thawed, as above)
- Salt, tamari and garlic to taste
- 2 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 to 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet melt butter and add sesame oil.
- Sauté the onions, fresh green chile and mushrooms until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the onions, chile and mushrooms with the
bell peppers, corn and tomatoes.
- Add green and red chili.
- Add spices, bread crumbs and cheese. A touch of parmesan is
good, too. Adjust spices to taste.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9:39:35pm 5/6/03.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.