- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small
eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, thinly
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces)
- 2 cups STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken in the Canister
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce
heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in stuffing mix just until moistened; cover. Remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
To reduce the bitterness that eggplant sometimes has, spread eggplant cubes in
single layer on paper towels; sprinkle generously with salt. Cover with additional
paper towels. Let stand at least 30 minutes; rinse. Drain; pat dry.
Nutritional Information: Calories 170 Total fat 7 g Saturated fat 1 g Cholesterol
0 mg Sodium 600 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary fiber 5 g Sugars 9 g Protein 5 g Vitamin
6 %DV Vitamin C 15 %DV Calcium 6 %DV Iron 10 %DV
Reprinted with permission from