Rhubarb Corn Bread Stuffing
This is wonderful alongside chicken, turkey or ham!
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces),
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
or margarine, divided
- 3 cups cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and sugar; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender;
add to rhubarb mixture.
- Stir in stuffing and walnuts.
- Melt the remaining butter; pour over the stuffing mixture and toss lightly.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until stuffing is heated
through and top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings