4th Street Chocolate Kit Kat Bars
- 8 1/2 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 8 1/2 ounces peanut butter, creamy
- 5 ounces corn flakes, crushed lightly
- 12 ounces butter
- 12 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 20 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Egg yolks
- Crust: Line a 9 x 13-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Melt milk chocolate in a double boiler.
- Stir peanut butter into melted chocolate.
- Place crushed corn flakes in a bowl and stir chocolate/peanut butter mixture over them, mixing
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan and cool in refrigerator.
- Mousse: Melt semisweet chocolate in a double boiler.
- Cream butter and sugar
in a mixer fitted with a paddle, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add sifted cocoa powder and mix well. Scrape down bowl and add chocolate.
- Continue mixing
and add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in heavy cream that has been beaten to firm peak. Mix well to incorporate, leaving
no white streaks in the chocolate.
- Spread mousse over crust.
- Chill for about 2 hours, until set.
- Cut into desired size bars (1 x 4 1/2-inch cuts will yield about 2 dozen
bars) with a sharp knife dipped into hot water.
- Place bars on a cooling rack
that has been placed over a clean baking sheet.
- If bars are soft, place rack
in freezer until ganache is ready. (Bars may be completed at this time or coated
- Ganache: Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Mix sugar and heavy cream in a
small saucepan and bring mixture to a slow boil over low heat (be careful not
to scorch the cream).
- Pour cream over chocolate and stir with a whisk to incorporate,
making sure all the chocolate is melted.
- Strain mixture to remove any pieces of unmelted chocolate.
- Let cool for about 1 hour.
- Pour ganache over firm bars to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm ganache.
Yield: 24 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.