Almond Cream Cheese Squares
Almond Cream Cheese Squares are easy to make and even better to eat. Enjoy!
- 6 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sliced almonds
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine 3 rolls together and roll into a 9 x 9-inch square.
- Place in a sprayed 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Pre-bake crust at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Roll remaining 3 rolls into a second 9 x 9-inch square. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and almond extract and mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Remove plastic wrap from second dough square.
- Place dough over cream cheese mixture.
- Brush with butter.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the butter brushed dough and top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan and then cut into squares to serve.
Servings: 9 | Prep Time: 60 min | Bake Time: 40 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):