Almond Roca Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter, creamed (DO NOT substitute)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bar Hershey's milk chocolate
- 1/2 to 1 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar
and brown sugar.
- Stir in well the egg yolk, vanilla extract and flour. Batter will be very thick.
- Spread thinly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt an milk chocolate over hot water.
- Spread over hot baked bars, then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Cool and cut into small squares.