Apple Pie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk (save egg white for later)
- 4 cups apples, pared and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Mix crust ingredients and divide in half.
- Toss filling ingredients gently and set aside.
- Roll dough large enough to fit the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. Place in
- Spread filling evenly over rolled out dough.
- Roll out remaining dough large
enough to cover apple mixture.
- Cut slits on top and brush with saved egg white
mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are soft and
crust is brown.
- Frost while hot with confectioners' sugar glaze.