Apple Walnut Squares
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the
creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in apple and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near
the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/4/01 9:33:56 pm,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes