Bailey's Truffle Bars
- Softened butter for preparing baking pan
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) bar Swiss dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and line with aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend
over edges. Grease the foil with softened butter; sprinkle the 2 tablespoons sugar
onto foil. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dark and unsweetened chocolates with 2 tablespoons butter in top of a
double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate and
butter melt. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one
at a time, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, alternating with melted chocolate
mixture and Bailey's, beginning and ending with flour. Mix at low speed just
until blended after each addition.
- Stir in mini-chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Let cool completely.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Invert uncut brownies in foil onto a cutting board. Peel off foil. Invert brownies
- Using a sharp knife cut into small squares or 2 x 1-inch sticks.
Yield: 32 cookies
Approximate values per serving (1 brownie): 105 calories, 7 g fat, 18 mg
cholesterol, 1 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 49 mg sodium, 53 percent
calories from fat