Banana Oatmeal Coconut Bars
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened flaked
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Peel bananas, place in a large bowl and mash with a fork until they reach
a creamy consistency.
- Stir in oats, coconut and maple syrup.
- Spread mixture
into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown. (Increase baking time
by 5 to 10 minutes for an 8-inch square pan.)
- Let cool, then cut into bars.
Yield: 16 cookies
Approximate values per cookie: 87 calories, 2 g fat, 0 cholesterol, 2 g protein,
16 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 13 mg sodium, 22 percent calories from fat
Source: Conveniently Vegan by Debra Wasserman