Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 to 4)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups
uncooked rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon banana extract
- Sift together flour, spices, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Add shortening, mashed bananas and eggs; beat until smooth (2 minutes).
in the rolled oats.
- Divide the cookie dough into three parts.
- For bar cookies, spread 1/3 of the dough into well-greased 8-inch square
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Cool and turn out of pan. Cut into bars.
- For drop cookies, drop by teaspoon onto greased sheet.
- For rolled cookies, add 1/4 cup flour; refrigerate overnight and roll out,
cut into desired shapes.
Yield: 3 dozen large cookies
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.