Bayou Chewy Honey Bars
Honey and peanut butter hold together the oats, rice cereal, peanuts and raisins
in this delightfully chewy bar.
- 1/2 cup orange blossom honey
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking Spray
- Line the base of a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper and spray generously
with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, crispy rice, peanuts and raisins; stir
to combine. Set aside.
- In a large, 2-quart saucepan combine the brown sugar, honey, butter, peanut
butter, vanilla extract and salt. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring with a
wooden spoon, over medium-high heat, until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F
on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately pour the hot liquid over the oat mixture,
stirring until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Transfer the bar mixture to the prepared pan and press into place using
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- To serve, cut into half lengthwise; then horizontally into twelve 2-inch
Recipe courtesy of Chef David Guas, Owner of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery
in Arlington, Virginia.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes