Bee's Knees Bar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon
vanilla or almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey, or more if needed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, the 1/3 cup honey and extract until smooth.
- Blend in flour, oats and salt. Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Press dough into ungreased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan (bars will be thin.)
almonds over top and pat into dough.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons honey.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Yield: 3 dozen
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.