Black-Bottom Banana Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Blend in the bananas.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture
and mix well.
- Divide batter in half.
- Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the bars test done.
Yield: about 2 1/2 to 3 dozen bars
These bars are better the day after baking.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes