Black Bottom Cherry Cream Bars
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 1 cup maraschino
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Bars: Melt the butter. Cool slightly.
- Add the cocoa, sugar, flour and egg.
- Spread in a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle the maraschino
cherries over the top of the batter.
- Combine the coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Spoon over the batter/cherry
base. Spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Frost, then cut into squares.
- Frosting: Melt together chocolate chips, butter and milk.
- Stir into the
confectioners' sugar. Beat well and spread on bars. If frosting is too thick,
thin with a little more milk.