Blueberry Hummingbird Bars
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. In large bowl, combine
all ingredients. Stir until blended, spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Glaze: In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup softened butter or margarine, 1 1/2
cup powdered sugar and 1 to 2 tablespoons warm milk. Spread over warm bars.
- Cool completely, cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 48 bars
Posted by Pats Cookin at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.