Blueberry Picnic Bars
Base and Topping
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add melted
butter and stir with fork until evenly moistened (mixture will be crumbly.)
Reserve 1/2 cup crumb for topping.
- Press remaining mixture evenly and firmly over bottom of pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes to set.
- Filling: In small saucepan stir berries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice
over medium heat until simmering, Simmer, stirring occasionally until juices
are no longer cloudy. Spoon over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top and bake for 30 minutes.