Blueberry Ricotta Squares
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, the 3/4 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Add the milk, shortening, 1 egg and lemon extract. Beat on low speed for 1 minute,
then on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the blueberries over the
- Stir together the 2 beaten eggs, ricotta cheese, the 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla
extract. Mix well and spoon over the blueberries, spread evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.