Brownie Goody Bars
Everything that's irresistible about a good candy bar just got rolled into
What's your favorite part? The brownies on the bottom? The frosting
and peanuts in the middle? Or the crunchy cereal on the top?
- 1 box (1 pound 6.5 ounces) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 container (1 pound) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking
spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil
on bottom only of pan.)
- Make and bake brownies as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan, using water,
oil and eggs.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Frost brownies with frosting.
- Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making
- Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut
butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal
in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies.
- Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Prep Time: 30 min | Makes: 24 bars
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions for 13x9-inch pan
on brownie mix box.
Nutrition Information: 1 Bar: Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 180); Total
Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 230mg; Total
Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 36g); Protein 6g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat;
3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This recipe is just part of the grand-prize winning entry of the Trinity Lutheran
Church Women of Birchwood, Wisconsin, in Betty Crocker's 1999 national Bake
Sales Competition for nonprofit organizations that hold bake sales as a means of
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.