This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Butter Crunch Lemon Cheese Bars
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking
- Crust: Place first four ingredients in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at
medium speed until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.
- Add flour to butter mixture, and beat at low speed until well blended.
- Press crust into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Filling: Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process 2 minutes or
until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until well blended.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set (the edges will get slightly browned) and
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
Yield: 8 servings