Butter Pecan Turtle Bars
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine flour, sugar and butter. Mix well.
- Pat firmly into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Caramel layer: In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and sugar,
stirring constantly. Boil for 1/2 to 1 minute.
- Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until layer is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Allow
to melt 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir slightly to marbleize.
- Cool completely (several hours or overnight) before cutting.
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen bars