Butter Tart Squares
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine 1 cup flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press into an ungreased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, baking powder, vanilla
extract and salt.
- Stir in raisins and nuts. Pour this mixture over the base.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the filling is almost firm.
- Let cool and cut into small squares.
Yield: about 36
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Bar Cookie Recipes