Butterscotch Banana Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Chopped nuts, if desired
- In a bowl, combine margarine or butter, sugars and eggs.
- Add flour, baking soda,
salt, buttermilk and ripe bananas. Beat at medium speed with mixer until well
- Pour into a greased 15 x 10-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and frost.
- Frosting: In a saucepan, melt together butter, brown sugar and milk. Do
- Stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Pour immediately over Butterscotch Banana Bars.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
Yield: about 3 dozen