Butterscotch Bars 2
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Sift together sifted flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Melt butterscotch morsels and butter in top of double boiler; remove from
heat and stir in brown sugar; let cool 5 minutes.
- Add unbeaten eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Blend in sifted dry
ingredients and chopped nuts.
- Turn into greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares while warm.