Butterscotch Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups Graham cracker
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecan
- In a medium saucepan, melt butterscotch chips and butter over low heat.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in cracker crumbs and mix well. Reserve 2/3 cup mixture.
- Press remainder firmly into bottom of a buttered 13 x 9-inch ovenproof glass
baking dish, making a uniform layer.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sweetened
condensed milk, vanilla extract and egg; fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Scatter reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool to
room temperature, then chill.
- Cut into 1 1/2 x 2-inch bars to serve.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.