This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Butterscotch Macaroon Bars
Butterscotch filling is tucked in a chocolate Graham cracker crumb crust.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 packet Graham crackers, crushed into crumbs, about 1 1/4 cups
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 slices white bread, crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 3/4 cups sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Set aside.
- Mix the Graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cocoa in 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Stir the melted butter into the mixture.
- Press the crumbs firmly into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix the white bread crumbs, eggs, vanilla extract and sweetened condensed
- Stir in the coconut and butterscotch chips.
- Spread the topping onto the baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator.